Thursday, July 4, 2013

Going Organic!

Organic.. There are so many products, reviews, ideas for and against the idea. But I think its completely a personal interest and only you can decide if its something important to you and your family.
I have always been a reasonably healthy person, but always wanted to do more.. Growing up in a farming family I want to have cattle, sheep, chickens,a vegetable garden, orchard and compost piles.. Exciting I know, but I’m really drawn to living off the land and having a organic/eco sustainable life with my little family.

During my research on the matter I borrowed the book “Naturally” by Jo Wood from the public library. I read this book in 2 days flat – I couldn’t put it down. The book follows Jo’s story of health, family, products, recipes and much more.. After finishing the book I went to my bathroom cabinets and read the ingredients on every product and 85% ended up in the garbage! SLS, Parabens, PEG compounds, Lanolin, Formaldehyde are in SO many products its unbelievable! I than went to Zylar’s room and looked at the well known baby products and they also have these nasty chemicals in them.. Our newborn babies are being lathered in chemicals from the day they are born.. I hate this!


I have converted my bathroom products plus the kids stuff to all naturally organic - with the certified stamp of approval from the organic associations to kick start our healthier future. Don’t be fooled by ‘Natural’ products that still have hidden nasty chemicals in them.. Do some research and become a label reader, its so important.
  • Buy Local – organic fruit & veg, meat, eggs etc..
  • Support Local Organic Markets/stores.
  • Read books, blogs, facebook groups to get a better understanding.
I’ll be posting a list of helpful websites, blogs, books etc that I am enjoying.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on Organic living and ways you’ve implemented it into your home and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment