Wednesday, July 10, 2013

True Style is Timeless



My style icons are Audrey Hepburn and Coco Chanel ( although I don't own one piece of Chanel) just to name a few. Classic beauty is effortless and doesn't follow the latest crazes.. I like clothes shopping, but to date this year I have only purchased three items. Two I love and the other I wish I never bought.
In my process of minimising my belongings I have culled my wardrobe of three garbage bags full of clothes I no longer like or wear..

.
 
 
Recently I was given the idea of doing a stocktake on your own wardrobe( and the rest of the family) so you know whats in your wardrobe for when your shopping.
Since discovering Pinterest its easy to know what styles you like, but what about the problem of knowing if they suit your body shape etc..

I found a company that can help with this. Birdsnest has a program that can create a style profile based on your body shape and your style of clothing to suit you. I did this yesterday and I really enjoyed the result. Having this tool can reduce the amount of money we waste on clothing regardless of how fabulous the sales assistant says you look or mirrors in the change room.

Shopping for quality over quantity is the turning point for creating a classic style that isn't going to fade next season.

My Style is classic, clean lines, soft and feminine. Love spots and nautical feels. Although I add in fashionable accessories and other pieces sometimes, majority of my wardrobe are classic colours and styles.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment